Story of colored hair: WOW!! you colored your hair, its looking pretty. After a month or two; what have you done to your hair, its looking dull. These coloring and all is just not good for your hair. That’s what you go through every time you color or highlight your hair. And the bitter fact is that its all true. The chemicals in the color eventually make your hair dull and dry. It is damaged underneath and that’s something you also can’t avoid. But you can do a lot of thing to make it look better. You can’t rush to saloon every now and then to get that perfect hair.
Here is a quick and easy solution for your problem. In this article you will know how to make color hair and keep it looking as good as possible.
- Wash your hair less: The first and most important solution for damaged hair is to wash your hair less. It is advisable to wash your colored hair once a week. The reason is that when you color your hair specially vibrant and pastel, it would just wash out a lot. After spending so much money at the hair saloon to get this beautifully colored hair you don’t want to wash it off in only few washes like a month.
So the point is that how can you go with your hair for a week without washing it. The answer is that you can train your hair to produce less oil. When you wash your hair with shampoo, it strips away all the oil from your scalp. To make this even your scalp produces more oil. So it a cycle, the more you wash your hair more quickly it will get oilier. Besides you can use various products to avoid washing your hair like dry shampoo.
- Dry Shampoo: Next in colored hair care routine is dry shampoo. Dry shampoo is good for colored hair as you don’t need to wash your hair more frequently. In addition it will add a lot more volume in your hair. In case if you feel that your hair is getting flat then apply some dry shampoo on your scalp. It will let keep your hair color a bit longer. The best dry shampoo i have found till now is Batiste Instant Hair Refresh Travel Dry Shampoo Pack, Floral and Flirty Blush
- Cold water: As suggested wash your colored hair once a week but if possible try to use cold water instead of hot water. As hot water washes out color and from your hair quickly thus giving you faded hair as compared to cold water. So if you want your hair color to stay longer opt for cold water for washing it. In addition avoid blow drying your hair as hot air also fade away the color from hair.
- Use hydrating Products: Hydrate colored hair as much as possible. Use hydrating shampoo and conditioner specially which are also sulfate free. As sulfate damages the hair and cause frizz specially when you have colored hair. Also use leave-in conditioner or serum. Matrix Ultra Hydrating Shampoo and conditioner Combo
- Use Hair Mask: Use hair mask to your colored hair to maintain its integrity and smoothen it. You can use home made hair mask or buy one available on store. Use it once a week and keep it on for atleast 10 mins.